Mistral Nebuliser € 49.95 + Delivery
Compact portable nebuliser for home use. Duty cycle: 20 min on / 40 min off Supplied with Hi Flo bulb, adult and paediatric mask with string, mouthpiece, nosepiece, air tubing and air filter.
• Operating voltage:
- 230 V - 50/60 Hz - 170 VA
- 110 V or 60Hz on request
• Operating pressure: 1.1 bar
• Air flow: 14 l/min
• Nebulization rate: 0.35 ml/min
• Particle size: < 5 µm
• Max Pressure: 2.5 bar
• Size 13 x 8.9 x 14.6 cm
• Weight: 1.5 kg
• Noise level (EN 13544-1): 60 db
• Class of risk: IIa
• Norms: Class II, Type B
• Adult facemask
• Child facemask
• Nasal prong
• Connection tube
• Carrying bag
• User manual
COMMON NEBULISER QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. What’s the difference between a nebuliser and a compressor?
Though often referred to as a nebuliser, the machine part is actually the compressor because it compresses air to turn liquid medication into mist. The nebuliser is the part you attach to the compressor and breathe through.
2. How long do nebuliser treatments take?
This varies from nebuliser to nebuliser. But typically treatments take between five and fifteen minutes. Fast treatment times are a selling point for many of our nebulisers.
3. Why are my treatments taking longer than they used to?
Nebuliser sets (not the compressor) need to be cleaned regularly. Also, make sure to replace your nebuliser cups and filters as recommended.
4. Can nebulisers be used by all ages?
Definitely. Nebulisers are often the best way for young children or the elderly to receive medication, as inhalers take more coordination to use. Nebuliser masks come in child and adult sizes and there are even pacifier attachments. Many middle-aged men and women also prefer nebulisers to inhalers.
5. What should I do if I start to feel dizzy during a treatment?
This happens to patients on occasion. Simply turn off the compressor and take a break for five minutes. When you restart the treatment, be sure to breathe slowly.
6. Can distilled water be used in the medicine cup for humidified inhalation?
Yes. Humidity can help open up airways, which is one of the reasons nebulisers are such an effective medication delivery system. If you want, you can use them to breathe humidified air without medication.